Friday, August 27, 2010

In Search Of

I would love to find one of these pans again.  I'd love to have a second one.  I have looked on ebay.  I've looked on amazon.  I've looked on google shopping.  I've looked at Walmart, Target, and even the outlet malls.  I doubt I'll ever be able to find one brand new in a store, as they don't appear to be made any more.  Do you have one sitting around that you don't use anymore?

Yes, it is dirty.  I had just finished making chocolate cupcakes for Josh's birthday party and didn't bother to scrape off the bits of batter yet.  :)

It is a Wear-ever Airbake Muffin Pan.  (Wear-ever = T-Fal??)

The most important features are the top is smooth, and the pan is "insulated".  Oh, and it's 100% aluminum.  There's NO yucky non-stick coating to eventually crack and peel.  I love it this way and I'm perfectly happy with using cooking spray rather than non-stick pans!


This is a little better view of the bottom.  Each muffin cup has a hole to allow air or trapped water (from washing) to escape.  I have several airbake pans.  I have a 9x13 cake pan, a jelly roll pan, 3 cookie sheets, and a pizza pan (would also like about 3 more of these pizza pans). When I bake in these pans, I NEVER burn my food.  Even when I forget.  They're amazing!  Only thing is, it's awfully inconvenient to only bake 12 cupcakes/muffins at a time.  :(  24 would be really nice.  So if you have one of these awesome muffin pans, or if you know someone else who does, and you/they really don't like it, I'd be happy to trade.  :)

1 comment:

  1. I don't like my airbake cookie sheets. My mom had simple steel sheets with one folded edge, and I have been hunting for more of THOSE! (and $18 per pan for a piece of metal is ridiculous - I've seen them for that price at upscale stores). Funny how we get so accustomed to things. I think my airbake cookie sheets have gotten so scratched up that when I make my oatmeal cookies I have to use half a can of spray on them!!

    I'll be on the lookout for those muffin pans too :) My grandma used to love the airbake stuff - I wonder if she has a muffin pan??

    Have you tried Freecycle?? Or posting a want ad in the paper/shopper?

    ReplyDelete