Monday, September 20, 2010

Three Songs

Here are three songs that we frequently sing in church that I love.  Usually by the time I get home I can't remember what we have sung that day, so I wrote myself a note.  :)


"You are the Light" by Steve Fee
If you go watch this one on youtube, it has the lyrics in the info section. The chorus is pretty simple and says "You are the light, the light of the world, and we shine you, Lord." I love songs that are simple and easy for the younger kids to pick up and sing along!


"Remembrance" (Communion song) by Matt Redman
It was great to sing this one while the communion elements were being passed around. It has the lyrics on the video, but one of my favorite lines says "By your mercy we come to your table, by your grace you are making us faithful." A great reminder that even though I am not perfect now, God is always working on me.


"Our God" by Chris Tomlin
The first time I heard this song I wasn't quite sure I liked it. I don't know exactly what bothered me. But it is also an easy song for the younger kids to learn, and there is certainly nothing wrong about singing these lyrics! "Our God is greater, our God is stronger, God, you are higher than any other." Now when I listen to it, all the problems or things I am struggling with just seem to melt away. This is a great "pep" song and a good reminder that God is all powerful. It is good to sing about the attributes of God and place the focus on Him and away from me! "And if our God is for us, then who could ever stop us, and if our God is with us, then what could stand against?" (Romans 8:31)

No comments:

Post a Comment