Thursday, November 04, 2010

Just for Fun

My boys were hammin' it up for the camera tonight. They had all their different kinds of smiles they wanted to try out for me. They had great names for them, too, but I can't remember them all now. I tell ya what, moments like these brighten us nearly every day and make all the hard work worth it!

{Scary Smile}





I made 'pigs in a blanket' for supper tonight (little sausages wrapped in crescent rolls) for the first time in a very long time.  Both of these boys asked me, "Are those baby pigs?"  LOL  I wanted to tease them and say "yes" but I told them the truth.  When the little rolls came out of the oven I scraped them off the pan and some of them turned upside down.  Malachi exclaimed, "Oh, turtles!!"  Yes, as a matter of fact they did look like turtles more so than pigs in a blanket.  Perhaps we will have a new name for them.


{Han Solo smile}

{Serious Smile}
Tirzah didn't want to be left out of the fun, either.  But she pretty much wanted to sit on my lap...which was too close to the camera.  Maybe she wants to be a photographer?  She loves looking at pictures and trying to say everyone's names (which they are all "da" except for Papa and Beau, for whom she gets it right).  I managed to get a couple shots.


And from earlier this week is my 16-week belly shot. My belly has a really funny shape and looks differently depending on what I'm doing and if I've just eaten or not.  I tried to "relax" and feel normal, but who can do that when trying to do a self-portrait??  :)


I go to see the doctor for a 16-week checkup tomorrow.  I'm excited to hear the baby's heartbeat again.  She will give me a referral for an ultrasound, which will be at approximately 20 weeks.  That happens to be the same week as my birthday, so I'm thinking about trying to get an appointment ON my birthday...but I'm not sure.

3 comments:

  1. It would be fun to find out what you're having on your birthday. What a fun gift!

    Celee

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had pigs in a blanket, too. I love the pic of Eden and Tirzah.

    ReplyDelete