Friday, November 19, 2010

Very Busy Week

This week was mind-blaringly busy!!!  (is 'blaringly' a word?  can I even use it to modify 'busy'??)

This is what I feel like doing:

(Yes, the kid has nap issues.)

I apologize for not posting this week.  It really got away from me!

Here are some of the main events:
I hung out with friends 2 nights.
(One night was at Bonnie's house!)
I did a little sewing.
(Finally not procrastinating.)
I did a little organizing.
(I love that.)
I helped Eden clean the pit of a room she has.
(Kathi will thank me.)
I did a lot of wiping.
(Noses, cheeks, hands, tables, chairs, counters, floors, etc.)
You don't want to know how many poopy diapers I changed.
(And I certainly don't want to remember.)
I helped kids with their schoolwork.
(Yet still feel like I fell short).
Mitch worked late 2 nights doing parent/teacher conferences.
(The kids missed him sooooo much those long days, but the reward was having him home all day today.)
I shuttled kids to church and back.
(While Mitch took Kathi to the Volleyball banquet.)
I took 3 more kids than I wanted to into Target to find a baby gift.
(Tirzah cried when I wouldn't let her keep the baby dolls we found.)
I cooked meals.  Lots of meals.
(And we had lots of leftovers.)
Supper was not-so-well-received on Wednesday night nor on Thursday night by the chilluns'.
(Some kids chose to go completely hungry.  Sad!) 
I tried to smile more.
(And appreciate the full blessing of being a mom.)
I tried to get angry less.
(But the mess in the boys' closet did make me quite a bit angry.)
I came up with something good to motivate my 3 oldest to get better grades.
(But I'm sure I'll need something new soon.)
The kids had music wars.  Loud music wars.
(This would be related to my new incentive.  And also the 'blaring' part of my week.)
Micah finally saw the eye doctor and ordered new glasses.
(He went from -1 and -1.25 to -1.5 and -1.75 in his prescription--boo!!)
I read a great new book for review.
(Dragons of the Valley, coming soon!)
I baked nearly 17 dozen cookies for a cookie exchange.
(Peanut Butter Blossoms)
I didn't answer my emails promptly.
(Prompting some people to use the phone instead.)
I had a really bad dream that the Appalachian Mountains were on fire within.  :(
(Normal for me to have bad dreams in pregnancy--though usually more likely to be related to water.)

That's enough remembering for me tonight.  I can't believe that Thanksgiving is next week.  It came up on me too fast.  I haven't even planned a menu yet.  Lots to do...

Whew!  I'm so glad it's the weekend and next week is a short week.  Even though Thanksgiving is a lot of work, it will be 'fun' work.  From the person who doesn't generally like to cook, I look forward to it.  :)

1 comment:

  1. If you just add snaking out the main sewer line to your house, your week would sound very similar to mine. I hope you have a relaxing weekend.

    ReplyDelete