Thursday, December 09, 2010

St. Nick's Day

Given that we have now hosted 2 German students, our motivation is double to celebrate St. Nick's Day (December 6th).  So we had stockings for the kids then instead of on Christmas morning.  This was SO much fun.  (But we were technically a day late...got them done on Dec. 7th).

 We had many favorite candies stuffed in each stocking.  All of the kids got chocolate "coins" wrapped in gold wrappers.  They LOVE these.  Well...Micah didn't.  He got coal (chocolate lumps wrapped in black foil).  He had a good attitude about it and laughed with us.  Besides, overall, he got more chocolate!

Eden loved these knew little earrings she got.  I bought them on clearance last year and saved them for nearly a whole year!

Josh and Zeke were pure energy...they were so excited.


I have not been having much "luck" with my pictures lately.  The color and/or the focus always seems to be off.  I took this to mean that I need more practice.  Tirzah was looking so cute that I did some practicing:

The color is still not great, but the focus is getting better.  Perhaps it is something wrong with my white balance???
This last one was with a flash.  Normally I hate the flash, but this one worked out very well!


I am also happy to report that my new (now black) fridge is installed and seems to be working perfectly!  I would post pictures, but my kitchen is a mess.  Maybe later.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment