Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Voyage of the Dawn Treader


We waited 2 years for this!  :)  Ever since we stepped out of the theater after seeing Prince Caspian, we have all waited anxiously for the next movie to be released.  This past weekend was the opening weekend.  Mitch and I surprised the kids with tickets to a matinee on Saturday.  While the movie didn't do as well at the box office this weekend as everyone hoped, we did our part.  Mitch and I snuck out on Thursday evening and bought the tickets ahead of time, but in the end it wasn't necessary--our theater wasn't even 1/2 full.  :(  The kids were SO surprised, though, when we got there.  Caleb had been counting down the days, and he somehow lost track.  Micah was the only one who really had a good guess of where we were going when Mitch said, "Get your shoes on."  I told him to keep his guess to himself.  Caleb guessed we were all going to see Kristin's new baby.  Sweet, but wrong.  Her baby hasn't arrived yet!  (But that's another story).  We left Tirzah at home with a sitter.

Overall, it was a great movie.  Some of us "die hard" fans were a little disappointed with the changes made to the storyline, but I think that we'll get over it after we have a chance to see it again. Plugged-in Online wrote a great review that you can read here if you would like to know what's in it before heading out with your crew.  Some of the scenes were scary, but I sat beside Malachi (3 yo) the whole time and he did GREAT. 

Quite possibly my favorite quote from the whole movie was at the end.  Prince Caspian said to Aslan, Lucy, Edmond, Eustace, and Reepicheep, "I spent my whole life wanting what was taken from me, instead of what was given."

I felt so silly when I had to wipe away tears at the end, but I couldn't help it.  It was sad knowing that it was over!  I just blamed it on pregnancy hormones.  I hope you'll go see it, and I hope they make more movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment