Monday, January 03, 2011

Happy New Year!

Welcome 2011!

This Monday morning was a little harder than others.  I was quite spoiled to sleep in nearly every day of *Mitch's* vacation.  :)  I just kept telling Mitch this morning, "I'm not going back to sleep, I'll get up in a minute."  LOL  I think it took me about 45 minutes.  But I didn't go back to sleep!

We hung out with friends and played games on Thursday night, but when Friday night rolled around we didn't have anyone to play with.  :(  So we stayed up with the kids and played.  I had no intentions of staying up to midnight, however Tirzah refused to fall asleep.  She screamed for over an hour.  Since she can crawl out of her crib, there is no point in putting her in there--it just increases the risks of falling.  I finally brought up the crib mattress from Malachi's bed (he always sleeps with Micah anyway) and put on the floor for her.  She finally slipped off to sleep right as the older kids and Mitch rang in the new year.  Thanks, my love.  Tirzah had been doing really well with falling asleep in her crib by herself and sleeping all night long.  Once she could get out of her crib, that was all over.  She comes nearly every night to our door crying and knocking, then spends the rest of the night in our bed.  Completely unrelated to the sermon, but yesterday our pastor read Luke 11:7, "and he will answer from within, ‘Do not bother me; the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed. I cannot get up and give you anything’?"  See???  I'm sure Jesus was a cosleeper.  So there.

I can't wait until Tirzah will sleep with Eden.  I think that's my only solution left.  I know that by the time she's 12 she won't be sleeping in my bed (that's what we always said for Micah, and we were right), however I would like her to not be in my bed when the new baby arrives.  Is that too much to ask???  I am not in favor of locking her in her room and leaving her there.  I want a more peaceful, no-cry solution.  I think I have the hang of determining the difference between naughtiness and genuine distress over being separated.  I find it interesting that everyone else in the house shares a room--and most even share beds!  So it is not surprising to me that Tirzah does not want to be alone.  Sweet baby girl.  I love her.  I love my hubby for allowing her to come into our bed and not breaking my mother heart over it.

Kathi was gone for New Year's Eve.  She went to the TCX Conference in Minneapolis (Campus Crusade for Christ).  She wrote a blog post that brought tears to my eyes.  Read it over on her blog!

Today is an important day, and I *almost* forgot.  Which is not as bad as the year I completely forgot.  One year Mitch came walking in the door with a beautiful bouquet of roses (1 dozen? 2 dozen?? Can't remember).  I was flattered, of course, but wondered what the occasion was (not that he needs one).  Imagine my shame when he reminded me it was our anniversary.  :)  Not too many couples can say it was the WOMAN who forgot the anniversary.  We don't have anything special planned for the day.  It's great just to remember and be thankful for 14 years together!

No comments:

Post a Comment