Friday, January 28, 2011

Praise



A counselor encouraged me recently to take a minimum of 15 min each day to intentionally focus only on positives in my day.  She suggested this would be a great time to share with Mitch.  I have to admit that at first it seemed difficult.  Maybe I was having a bad day.  But should it be difficult to think about positives?

I am reading John Piper's Desiring God.  I'm only on page 49, so I'm not very far in.  So far the book has been entirely about giving God praise.  Piper quotes C. S. Lewis:
"I think we delight to praise what we enjoy because the praise not merely expresses but completes the enjoyment; it is its appointed consummation."
Ah!  That is a fantastic morsel to chew on!!  Just like these:


A gift from Mitch at Christmas time.  I meant to blog about this earlier this month and it completely slipped my mind ("As slippery as your mind is...").  The iPod was great, but this is the gift that brought tears to my eyes.  He knows me.  He went to a local candy store in the mall--the kind that is all fancy with lots of glass jar display cases that make kids and adults alike just drool.  He bought 3 flavors of Jelly Belly Jelly Beans that he knew I would like:  buttered popcorn, caramel popcorn, and piña colada. 

Giving praise completes the enjoyment.  Sure I forgot to blog about it, but I definitely did not withhold my joy and praise from Mitch. 

Why do we withhold from our Maker?  Remember today to give praise to your Creator for His wonderful gifts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment