Friday, January 14, 2011

Regarding 10 Year-Olds

I remember my 10th birthday almost better than any other birthday I had.  I remember waiting anxiously for the day when I would turn 10.  Like a preschooler who holds up fingers to show how many years old they are, I couldn't wait to be able to hold up ALL 10 fingers when someone asked me how old I was.  :)  Never mind that I was probably too old to be holding up fingers.  But do you know what it's like to hold up 9 fingers when the pinky is the one you try to leave down?  Yeah, not so easy.  (It never occurred to me to leave the thumb down, seriously.)  Holding up all 10 was going to be a breeze.  I also remember feeling like it was the last birthday that I could ask for a toy for a present.  And I asked for a baby doll.  Ten years old was also the year that Janet came into my life.  One of the best gifts God could have ever given me.

I wanted to share some pictures with you from my 10th birthday.  Click to zoom and see them better.


Today Caleb is 10 years old.  I can't believe we have similar haircuts (except mine was a little longer in back)!! Maybe that was the funniest thing about looking back at my pictures.  I added a picture of Mitch, and I am not sure how old he is but he doesn't look 10 years.  :)  But you can get the idea that Caleb is a good blend of both of us!  We all have the same nose.  :)  I swear I could have been born into Mitch's family...LOL.


You may know Caleb is our child with the HUGE imagination.  He is very funny at times and at other times he is "out to lunch".  :)  The other day he said to me, "Mom, I really like my new pillow [case] you got me, but it leaves cow licks in my hair."  LOL  Today he said, "No, not cow licks, pillow licks." 

More to come as we celebrate later...

1 comment:

  1. Love the side by side pics of you guys with Caleb!!! Happy Birthday Caleb!

    ReplyDelete