Saturday, February 05, 2011

Making Cookies

We were going to game night at a friend's house last night, so I decided to make some brownies and chocolate chip cookies to take along.  Tirzah decided to help me, and she was just so darn cute that I had to grab my camera.  My pictures would have been a little better, but I was trying to make sure the cookies turned out ok.  :)

 She started by sampling the flour that was spilled on the counter.
 That got a "blech" response.  Then she got more bold to go for the good stuff...

 Yeah it has raw eggs but I am confident she will be just fine...
 Definitely the good stuff...
By the looks of her chin, she had a blast!
Patiently waiting for a sample.  (And actually at this point ALL the kids and daycare kids were lined up on the bench waiting for a sample while I had the cookies cooling in front of them.  I was such a meanie and made everyone wait until after lunch for a cookie.)  It was so much fun letting her get a little spoiled!

The recipe I used made a few dozen cookies, so I started giving some away.  By the time it was time to go, I think I had only a dozen cookies left to take to my friend's house (but still a full pan of brownies).  We laughed about it and it was all good.  It was so much more fun to share with friends, and I think that it means the cookies I ate do not need to be counted toward my calorie/fat/sugar total for the day.  Right???  Especially since there are no leftover cookies today to tempt me!

Now I'm off to do some reading.  I doubt I will meet my goal of finishing a book this week, but I'm going to give it a shot.  My shoulder is sore from my marathon of snap-setting this week.  It was a great week.  The little boys went to Papa's house last night and they are still there today.  I hope that Papa, Grandma Marilyn, and Eva are surviving.  I know that the peace and quiet here have been absolutely priceless.  :)

1 comment: