Monday, March 21, 2011

36 Weeks Pregnant




The great, growing belly.  :)  I'm really starting to feel uncomfortable now.  We have had yet another virus and this time I didn't get a fever blister, but rather the full virus.  Maybe I would rather have the fever blister.  I was up coughing a lot last night even though I took a generic Robitussin DM.  I thought to myself, "Oh my friends Dex and Guy are spending the night with me."  (dextromethorphan and guaifenesin)  :)  It helped some, but I still cough and it's still a pain.

I saw the doctor today.  My weight was down again, by exactly one pound, and this time I haven't been quite so "good" about tracking what I eat.  Just because I'm not writing it all down doesn't meant that I'm not still trying to make good decisions and curb bad snacking.  I feel like I have it under control, and seeing that affirmation on the scale was rewarding.  :)  It is normal to lose a little weight at the end of pregnancy.  Baby is putting on more fat than ever, but the amniotic fluid level usually drops off a little.

The baby is definitely head down and actually a little low.  That surprises me because my babies tend to stay high up until I'm pushing.  On the other hand it doesn't surprise me because I have been getting up many more times per night to use the bathroom than I think should be necessary!  I had the group b strep test done today and a cervical check as well.  I was 2 cm dilated already, and my cervix is "in a great spot."  She said everything looks perfect for being 36 weeks.   She asked me if I've been contracting and if they are getting more uncomfortable.  Yes, I am having quite a few braxton hicks contractions, but they are not usually uncomfortable.  Like I said a couple weeks ago, they're great for practicing my hypnosis cues.

My hemoglobin results from last time were 11.5.  That's not too bad, so I'll keep on with the iron.  I'm also taking alfalfa now, and I'm up to 6 tablets per day.  Next week I'll move to 9 per day.  They're not the most fun pill to take, especially not that many in one day, but I am so convinced that the benefits are worth it!!

The baby's heart beat was difficult to find.  It was in the low 130s.  She said she thought he was in a bad position so that if she placed the transducer on one side she was over an armpit or if she placed it on the other side something was in the way and causing an echo.  Tomorrow I see the chiropractor, and I'll be sure to mention this to her so we can see if we can convince the baby to get in a better position and stay there.  I'll be spending more time on the exercise ball, too.

The most "fun" news is that I was called for 2-week jury duty to start on April 11.  I had paperwork for the doctor to send a medical statement for me to be excused.  Obviously I can't be relied upon for jury duty at 39-41 weeks pregnant (or with a brand-spanking new baby)!!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe that you are nearing the end of your pregnancy...Praying for you and a healthy baby :)

    ReplyDelete