Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Book Review: Eat Your Peas, Daughter

I am delighted to review Eat Your Peas, Daughter: A little wisdom and a lasting promise by Cheryl Karpen.

This sweet little gift book for your daughter takes about 3 minutes to read.  Each page is beautifully illustrated with a simple line of affirmation or encouragement for your daughter.  I gave this book to Eden for her birthday recently.  I think that she may be a little young to "get it", but I also know that she loves words of affirmation and it will be encouraging to her.  This would be an excellent gift for an older teenage girl or adult daughter.  The message of this book is so positive towards who your daughter is as a person. 

The quality of the book is outstanding.  Each page is heavy paper and textured.  It feels so nice to finger.  Words only appear on one side of the page.  It is like a beautifully designed scrapbook!  I am so impressed with this book that I would highly recommend it as a gift.  I have not seen other books in the series, but I would venture to guess they are equally outstanding (for girlfriends, for new moms, for tough times, to name a few).

The author has done an interview on amazon.com and I wish I could embed the video here, but I'm not sure how.  You can view the video on amazon here.

I received a complimentary copy of this book for review from Thomas Nelson Publishers through their Booksneeze blogger program.  I was not required to write a positive review.  My thoughts and opinions are my own.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Steph,
    Thank you for your wonderful and kind review of Eat Your Peas Daughter. My mother and I wrote the book from our hearts. Won't you please say hello and belated happy birthday to your daughter, Eden, for us?

    She is so blessed to be loved by you!

    So true,
    Cheryl Karpen

    ReplyDelete