Monday, April 18, 2011

Changing so fast...

Obadiah is changing so quickly!  This was before church yesterday.

Yesterday I placed him on my shipping scale (using a small basket) and he weighed 8 lbs 8 oz.  I kind of expected him to weigh a little more, but that's ok.  He is eating just like he should and peeing and pooping a ton.


On Friday the area above my teeth where the "mass" is became very obviously infected.  I called the dentist, who prescribed penicillin for me.  (Still can't get a z-pack...).  On Saturday it formed a blister, and Saturday night it broke open while I was brushing my teeth.  Let's just say GROSS.  And the mass has significantly reduced (naturally) because of the yucky stuff that came out.  GROSS.  Definitely a bacterial infection, not a cyst.  I can't wait to have it taken care of.  Glad it waited until after the baby was born.

On Saturday afternoon/evening I made a new prototype newborn diaper.  This is an all-in-two, so it has a waterproof shell and an absorbent snap-in soaker.  What I love about this design is it snaps down for the umbilical stump.  If he squishes up his body (as newborns do), only the soft microfleece will rub against his stump.  I have had issues with the cloth diaper cover he previously wore--it rubbed against the stump and caused it to bleed.  He pees too much for the cute newborn disposable diapers with a cut-out on them, so I had to move him into size 1 disposables.  Those have to be folded down out of the way of the stump, but it still would rub against it if he squished into a ball, again causing it to bleed.  Thankfully his stump fell off yesterday (with a little encouragement), but at least it looks like this diaper would be a great solution.  I can't wait to have him test it some more for me, even without his umbilical stump.  (Sorry for the poor photo quality...I had to brighten it significantly because I didn't use my flash properly).


Today I am back to daycare and "normal" life (which means laundry day).  It's only 8:18 a.m. and I've already found a few things to be frustrated with.  Ugh.

This is my new theme song:

"This is the stuff that drives me crazy
This is the stuff that's getting to me lately
In the middle of my little mess
I forget how big I'm blessed
This is the stuff that gets under my skin
But I gotta trust You know exactly what You're doing
It might not be what I would choose
But this is the stuff You use"


"So break me of impatience
Conquer my frustrations
I've got a new appreciation
It's not the end of the world"

By Francesca Battistelli
I love that girl. :)

1 comment:

  1. Love the pics of Obadiah!!! And, I LOVE Francesca Basttistelli!! ANd that song is my theme song too!!! LOve it!!!! She was great in concert (of course being on the front row didn't hurt either).

    ReplyDelete