Friday, April 08, 2011

Sunbathing

We saw the doctor today for a follow-up visit.  When I first put Obadiah on the scale he was moving around a ton and the scale said 6 lbs 15 oz.  I said, "There's no way that's right."  So I picked him up and we started over.  The second time the scale said 8 lbs 2 oz, and a third time it said 8 lbs 3 oz.  Whew!  That's much more like it!  So he's already on the upswing gaining weight.  The doctor asked me if I wanted her to check his bili level again.  I said no.  Honestly, I think if she did that it would be high enough that she would need to order a light.  If she felt it was too high, she wouldn't have asked me, she would have just told me it needed to be checked.  I feel very comfortable keeping track of his eating, peeing, and pooping.  I can call the doctor back if he is doing less of these or if he gets really irritable or lethargic.  Yay!!!  I can't tell you how happy this makes me to not need to put him on a light.

Our weather is really warm here today--all the way up to 65 and sunny this afternoon.  So as soon as we got home I took off his shirt and we went sunbathing.  At first I sat in an open window (the glass blocks the UV rays we need), but Micah was vacuuming the floor, so we went outside.  He definitely enjoyed the warm sun--he nursed a little, then fell right to sleep!







 Balloons from Kelly (left) and Mitch (right).

Lilies from Mitch.  This is one time that I wish you could smell pictures.  They smell wonderful!

Mitch went back to work today.  I thought it would be no big deal since I have the older kids to help out and it's Friday, so Mitch will be home over the weekend.  Between cleaning, laundry, and going to the doctor, I think I did not rest enough.  :(  I feel so good that I have to remind myself that I had a baby just 3 days ago (2.5 technically) and I really need to rest even if I feel good.  I'm glad it's the weekend!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment