Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Hosting an Exchange Student

This post is long overdue!!  If you have ever considered hosting an exchange student, now is the time!  There are lots of students who are preparing for an exchange year (10 months) away from home, waiting patiently to be chosen by a host family.  Opening your home to an exchange student is an incredible experience.  We have been blessed twice with exchange students.  They have become an inseparable part of our family.  If you haven't been reading Kathi's blog, you should!  I haven't blogged as much about Kathi this year as I did about Patrick last year.  Part of the reason why is because Kathi does such a good job blogging herself--my excuse to be a little lazy!  My father and mother-in-law Paul and Marilyn also hosted a student this year, Eva.  Eva has a blog too, but she typically writes in German.  I sometimes use Google Translate to get the gist of what she's saying.  She posts a lot of pictures, which is fun.

My question for you is, would you consider hosting?  Shall I list a few benefits of hosting a student?
  • Expand your borders.
  • Multiply your love for other people and cultures.
  • Share your family history and values.
  • Open doors for international students.
  • See your own little piece of the world through new eyes.
Visit Youth for Understanding-USA today!

No comments:

Post a Comment