Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day

My friend Kelly decided to surprise me by helping my kids do a special Mother's Day project for me. Mitch was busy Friday night/Saturday morning with the last YFU orientation for this school year. Kelly came over on Saturday morning and watched all the kids (sans Caleb, who was at Mall of America with a friend) while I headed out to do the grocery shopping.  She even kept Obadiah! I was so nervous that she would be overwhelmed by all those kids. :) At some point I realized, hey--I do this every day, she'll be able to handle it!

She not only did the project with them, she also took pictures!!  Kelly works as a vet tech, and brought her scrubs for the kids to wear as paint shirts.  They looked SOOOO cute!!  :)

She also brought all the supplies, even thinking of plastic for the table.  That's some good organization!

Even Micah had a great attitude about this project.  :)


Malachi had to use every color on his.  What a mess!  :)

These are going on the wall above our entryway stairs, for all to see.  Caleb finished his on Sunday.

It was such a sweet gift from Kelly and the kids!  Kelly is celebrating her first Mother's Day with her baby girl in her arms.  :)

On Sunday night Kathi displayed some amazing observation skills and presented me with a gift that made me very excited.  :)
One of my favorite movies, Pride & Prejudice starring Keira Knightly.  ;)  I can't wait to have a girls' night!  Especially with all the stressful things going on here lately (more on that in the next post).

2 comments:

  1. Time went by fast and they were good for me. We had fun and I am so glad you liked it. I know you well enough to know that pictures (even a few) were a must :-)

    ReplyDelete