Sunday, June 12, 2011

Obadiah is 2 months old!

Babies change SOOOO quickly.  It's crazy to me. Obadiah is already 2 months old!  I'm excited about all the things he is learning to do and how he is growing.  I wish I could remember each and every moment with all of my children, but it goes too fast.  Well...maybe there are *some* moments I don't want to remember.  But we won't blog about that.  (Like the morning that I had him sitting up on my lap and his diaper leaked all over me.  Yeah.  I won't tell you how my shorts were soaked with yellow poo all the way through.)

Obadiah, at 2 months old you
~can smile when you want to
~love to "talk"
~tell great stories, complete with coos and squeals
~take very good naps for mommy during the day
~like to be put to sleep by Micah
~definitely know the difference between mommy and anyone else

~eat approximately every 2 hours, unless you sleep through a feeding
~occasionally spit-up
~can be pretty fussy after each feeding
~love to suck on a MAM pacifier
~go to bed around 9 p.m.
~sleep 4-5 hours during the first stretch of the night
~sometimes are awake between 5 and 6 a.m., ready to play, but sometimes sleep until 7 a.m.

~weigh 13 lbs 1 oz and are 24" long. 

That is 1 lb lighter than Malachi was and 1/2" shorter.  You are even lighter than Josh, that makes you my smallest boy yet!  Don't worry, though, you are 1 lb 5 oz heavier than Tirzah was at 2 months.  And 1.5" shorter.  But DON'T WORRY, you can still protect her even if she's taller than you are, I'm sure of it.

~You wear 0-3 months clothing right now, and by next month will move into 3-6 month clothes.  I have them all ready to go.
~You still fit into x-small/newborn Little Cheekies cloth diapers.  The size small Growing Cheekies diapers fit, but I'm not switching yet.  One-size Cheekies also fit you great now.

~You move and move and move all the time.  Your legs are always moving!
~You have great head control and can hold your head up sometimes.  You lift your head when you're on your tummy.
~You can roll from your tummy to your back.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, he's rolling already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie!! He's about the same age as my youngest. :)

    ReplyDelete