Monday, August 08, 2011

She loves her kitty!

One day (Thursday night??) Zeke came running in to say, "Guys, you won't believe what's in our front yard!"  It was an orange kitty.  Oh boy was he friendly!  Tirzah fell in love with this kitty, and I had to get a camera.  :)







And this video is just the cutest..."No, MY Kitty!"  (At this point all I could do was laugh...I was trying not to worry about what would happen when it was time for us to let the kitty go back to its home!)




As much as she loved this kitty, we didn't keep him.  First of all, he wasn't ours.  We are pretty sure he belongs to the farmer that lives behind us.  He runs a nursery and has a bunch of cats over there.  It surprises me how friendly this cat was.  I just knew Tirzah would NOT come inside as long as the cat was around.  So I went in and got a little bowl and crumbled up a piece of hamburger in it for him.  Then she helped me "feed" the kitty.  I asked her, "Ok, how about we go eat some food too?"  And hunger won out.  By the time we were done eating, the kitty had moved on.  It worked out pretty well and without tears.  Now she just asks to watch the video over and over again.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Jenny aka frogmama8/08/2011 10:16 PM

    oh that was a cute video! You mean that "handle" on the kitty wasn't a handle for her little hands? lol

    So cute to see how the other kids were reacting to her "toddler-ness" :) I bet Kitty will be back.

    ReplyDelete