Monday, August 15, 2011

Update in Pictures

{I think Obi might need a haircut}

 {He has become quite a flirt with his smile.  This is what babies do.  It's so their moms will keep feeding them.}

 {And give them whatever toys they want.}

 {We have the COOLEST backyard in the neighborhood.  This isn't the best picture, but let me just say it's cool.  Notice the awesome tire swing horse?  That was a gift from Patrick's family.  The new basketball goal was a hand-me-down from the Emersons.  We can't get in a game of 1-on-1 in the grass, but a good game of horse does just fine!  And there's a smaller goal up on the top deck for the shorter people--that was a hand-me-down from the Fitch's.  We have the best friends who often offer things to us when they are done with them.}

 {Our garden may not be producing much more than bugs.  The spider is happy I assume!}

 {This plant has improved over the past week.  It grew some new leaves.  I pinched off a lot of the blooms so it can put energy into making something.  Here is a cucumber that may be edible, but I'm not going to hold my breath.}

 {What we have here is a lack of nutrients.  Little to no growth in a month.}

 {Again, we are growing the bugs.  And the frogs.  Josh was up one night after 10 p.m.  I told him to look at the door, and he spotted 4 tree frogs.  I asked him why the frogs were on the door.  He said he didn't know, but he continued to watch them.  Pretty soon he saw one extend its neck to grab a bug.  He shouted, "Ohhhhh, I see, they're eating bugs!"  See?  We can homeschool anytime, anywhere!  Science class at 10 pm?  No problem!}

There's no picture to go with this, but Zeke is my child who doesn't like to read.  He probably doesn't realize it, but he's standing here reading over my shoulder because he wonders what I'm saying.  What was that I was saying?  Oh yeah, school anytime, anywhere.

 {Obi was playing on the floor in the baby room and had started to get a little fussy.  I didn't go get him immediately, and Josh was concerned.  So he went to get him.  Obi was very happy when Josh picked him up, and that made Josh happy to be able to help his brother.}


{Not to be left out, Tirzah asked me to take pictures of her baby.  Well, of course, my dear!  Mommy loves to take pictures.}

No comments:

Post a Comment