Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Duluth, MN

We were invited to attend the wedding of Mitch's youngest step-brother this weekend in Duluth, on the shore of Lake Superior.  The young couple was blessed with a beautiful day...the weather was absolutely perfect!  Summer hung on for one more.  :)

I tried to take pictures, and I did get some very good ones, but I was very busy trying to juggle the baby and keep track of kids (even with Mitch's help).  It was hard to get in my "groove."  Here are the ones I wanted to share!

 The wedding took place at the historic Glensheen Mansion in Duluth.  After the wedding was over, we were able to take a tour inside the mansion.  I didn't know the history of the mansion, and I asked a few questions as I went through, but after I got home I did a little more research (there was a murder there in 1977).  I think it would be fun to go back some day!  It was crazy how many rooms the mansion had and how big the rooms were.

 The kids would have loved to just play at the shore.  I hope next summer we can go up to the north shore for a vacation.

 You probably noticed this one already.

 I try hard not to take pictures that another photographer has posed...I feel it is a copyright violation.  However, the photographer stood on shore (quite a distance away), and had Bobby & Missy walk out to the dock.  I hardly think he can take credit for how incredibly stunning they look!  :)  So I took the picture too. 

 This is the view of the back gardens and shoreline from the balcony of the mansion.

 This is the view of the front door of the mansion.


 Nate with Tristan and Mitch with Obi.




 We told Josh he really does look like a hobbit.  Since his name on our family shirts is "Frodo", Mitch gave him a ring.  Hehe....we told him to slip it on his finger...


 He disappeared!  :) 
 Hope and Selena
 Me, Holly with both babies, and Hope

 Bobby waiting patiently

 Paul & Marilyn

 Karen & Marc




 The beautiful bride, Missy

I wish I had gotten more pictures of the wedding ceremony, but at just the next moment, Obi decided it was time to nurse.  At the reception I really had a hard time getting the settings right on my camera (and I was also busy chasing kids).  

 At the reception the photographers had set up a backdrop area for photographs for a scrapbook.  They took one "serious" photo and one goofy photo.  For the goofy photos, they had an entire table set up with all kinds of fun things (masks, hats, necklaces, etc) for dressing up.  This was a very fun idea!




 Hope bought Obi and Tristan matching outfits for the wedding.  Aren't they cute?!  Obi wouldn't sit still.  It was SO funny!

2 comments:

  1. When we toured they talked about the murder. If you believe in that sort of thing, the mansion is supposedly haunted as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been to Glensheen a couple times. Would love to go again!

    Obi and Tristan are adorable in their matching outfits. :)

    And, don't get me started on copywrite of wedding photos (It's a bit like getting you started on patent... LOL).

    ReplyDelete