Friday, September 23, 2011

Pictures from this week (Obi is crawling!)

Our days are very, very busy.  It's hard to stop and get caught up on blogging as often as I think about it!


 Tirzah is such a "little mommy".  This actually causes some problems.  I am amazed by the differences between girls and boys!

 Obi is not impressed with her mothering skills.  ;)

Caleb and Micah both enjoy putting Obi to sleep, and they are quite good at it.  One day Caleb said to me, "Mom, Obadiah is the cutest when he is sleeping.  I mean, he's cute all the time, but he's especially cute when he's sleeping."  Oh yes, all sleeping babies are adorable!
Mitch bought this airplane to assemble as a fun project for him and Josh.

 Trouble maker!

 The kids or Mitch (I can't remember which) received a bag of Jelly Belly jelly beans from Marilyn.  It was a while ago and we just now opened them to share.  So.much.fun.  Mitch & I call sharing these a "mini-date".

Obadiah can officially crawl!  He gets up on his hands and knees, rocks back and forth, and shoots forward.  He could move around quite a bit before he turned 5 months old.  But he really couldn't control where he was going.  He just knew he liked the movement.  Now at 5.5 months he has no problem getting his eyes focused on a target and working his way there.  That is, as long as an older sibling doesn't come along and pick him up.  Today he crawled through this tunnel thing to get to me.


I didn't think he was going to crawl through.  I went around to the other side, behind him, and tried to move closer to him, but that just annoyed him.  He insisted on going forward.  He got excited again when I moved back around to the original side.

 Almost there!

 Peek-a-boo!  
(Speaking of which, he thinks peek-a-boo is the funnest game ever invented.  He laughs and laughs and laughs.)


 
Our weather this weekend is supposed to be warm(er) and very little chance of rain.  We decided it's time to do the door.  This part of it is fairly discouraging--getting the old door out and inspecting the floor underneath.  We have to get the rotting wood out.  We have to make sure that when we put the door back in we will not end up with the same leaks.  Part of that will be adding a storm door.  But part of it (as I understand it) will be removing some of the deck and making a better path for water to drain.  I am biting my tongue.  I really want to blame the builders.  But it really doesn't matter who is to blame.  Can we fix it?  What can we learn?  Will Mitch later be able to use his skills to help someone else?   I am looking forward to having a storm door that I can open the glass on so that air can flow through the screen!

This project will actually take quite a bit of work.  Replacing a door is difficult enough in itself.  But we also have to replace the door and fix the water runoff issues.  Mitch went to buy a piece of plywood and other supplies.  He plans to put the plywood over the door opening tonight.  But if he didn't want to, I think this is a good plan--the heavy down blanket is blocking the cold very efficiently (supposed to be 40 F overnight tonight).  The hole in the floor will catch any would-be burglars!  :)

After the new door is installed, we will finish laying the floor.  I'm really looking forward to that!  We also have to put down quarter round trim.  Since the weather is going to be nice this weekend, I may see if I can help by sanding/staining the trim.  Lots and lots to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment