Friday, November 04, 2011

Apple Peeler

So we have this HUGE box of apples, and I have plans to slice the apples and store them in the freezer for pies or apple crisp or even apple butter in the months to come.  But the "problem" is that this apple peeler/slicer/corer is so much fun.  Everyone wants to use it ALL THE TIME.  I have warned the children that they must eat every apple they slice.  And they do!  I think apple consumption has tripled around here.


Zeke was peeling his apple and all of a sudden he let out a "Hey!"  He turned around, grabbed his pants and said, "Obi is pulling my pants down!"  LOL  It was very cute, and even though the picture is not the greatest, I had to post it:

Now, could you resist this perfect spiral?  Could you?  I don't know how you could!  Even I, the lover of chocolate and candy and--gasp--pepsi, can't resist the perfect tart-sweet-crunch of this harvest of apples.:
I'm sure I will get a few into the freezer, and I managed to get a few into the dehydrator this morning.

Edited:  Apples from this morning all done!

3 comments:

  1. jenny aka frogmama11/04/2011 1:02 PM

    I get to do that soon too! I want to find a way to make the peels into chips or something. They are too yummy to throw out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should try that! I have been looking at recipes for chips today. Yummmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stop it!!! You're making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete