Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Child Care Unionization update

A judge has blocked the union vote!!  Whoo hoo!!!  Thanks to Kristen for giving me the link she saw on the news last night:
http://www.kare11.com/news/article/949945/14/Judge-blocks-union-vote-for-child-care-providers-

Here was the rest of my original post earlier today:

I received this letter yesterday from my representative, Steve Gottwalt.  I think you'll be able to read it when you click here.  My favorite part goes like this:

"The governor has limited this election to 4,287 licensed in-home child care providers who receive state subsidies.  If you are one of the 7,000 licensed in-home childcare providers who do not take state subsidies, you will not be allowed to participate in this election.  We do not agree with this decision to have 40 percent of the state's providers cast votes which will impact the entire industry, including independent businesses, children who receive care and parents who rely on childcare providers."

Voting begins today, and so far this is the only correspondence I have received.  I am deeply concerned for providers throughout the state who are unaware.

3 comments:

  1. Here's an update I saw on Kare 11 last night:

    http://www.kare11.com/news/article/949945/14/Judge-blocks-union-vote-for-child-care-providers-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoo Hooo, Kristen! Thanks for that link...I'm going to update my post now!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps one of my favorite quotes from the article:
    "What is the union going to do for me?" Swanson asked. "Are they going to change my work environment? It's my home."

    Exactly!! Glad someone in government showed a bit of sense about this one. (At least for the moment.)

    ReplyDelete