Sunday, January 08, 2012

Book Review: Just In Case You Ever Wonder

Just In Case You Ever Wonder is a sweet little picture book by Max Lucado.  The book is available as a hard cover, an ebook, and best of all, as a board book.

[The copy I reviewed was an epub version, which I was able to read using iBooks on my iPod Touch.  The biggest negative about this format is it did not grab my children's attention.  Well, except for a few minutes during church it managed to captivate Tirzah.  Generally, though, they require a traditional book.]

In this story, a parent assures his child of his love.  That the child is created uniquely and is also loved by God.  Lucado is masterful at creating pictures from mere words.  As the words dance off the page, they wrap the reader in a warm embrace.

One thing I love about this book is the voice can come from either birth parents OR adoptive parents.  So if you have an adopted child (or would like to gift this to a family who has adopted), the words will still apply...maybe even making a necessary and firm impact of your love.  [The most narrowing description is that the child is small and its eyes are closed the first time the parent meets him/her.]  Very sweet.

I received a complimentary copy of this book for review from booksneeze (Thomas Nelson publishers).  I was not required to write a positive review.  My thoughts and opinions are my own.

1 comment:

  1. my mommy read this book to me when i was really little, i am now in boarding school and it's really strange, i miss home a lot. tonight i called home and my mommy read this to me, never underestimate the impact reading to your child can have. looking back on my chldhood, that is one of my favorite memories, <3

    ReplyDelete