Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Caleb's 11th Birthday

Caleb turned 11 years old a week and a half ago, and I am only just now managing to blog about it.  (And he didn't even remind me yet!)

 Caleb, at 11 years old you
~are in 5th grade
~get your schoolwork done efficiently and mostly on your own
~make all A's (is it too easy for you?)
~love to write
~enjoy reading, especially Donita K. Paul
~have had some of your work published on Mrs. Paul's website
~always memorize your Bible verses for RAD (Wednesday night church program) without any help or prompting from me
~have been staying up later (like 10 p.m.) and still usually get up early (like 6 a.m.)
~may not be getting enough sleep  ;)

 ~like to play Halo Reach on the Xbox 360 (blech!)
~like to watch Phineas & Ferb on Netflix (yay!)
~build really cool Lego things and share them with your brothers (sometimes)
~chose pizza rolls and bagel bites for your birthday dinner
~hoped we would get you the Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword game for your birthday (but we didn't...sorry buddy...by next year's birthday it will be less than 1/2 the price!)
~had a great birthday and a really good attitude anyway

 ~invited 3 of your favorite friends over to hang out all night long (I think you would have invited the whole church if I would have let you)

~have a ways to go to catch up to me and Eden in height...


Caleb, I love your smile and your imagination.  I love that you share your feelings with me.  I look forward to watching you grow inside and out through the next year!

2 comments:

  1. I love the smile too! I haven't visited you guys much but I can't remember ever seeing Caleb without cheer and smiles!

    -Bryan

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful celebration! happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete