Friday, February 10, 2012

Book Review: Everything Romance

Just {barely} in time for Valentine's Day!  If you're looking for a great gift for someone special in your life, I recommend Everything Romance by Todd Hafer.

Everything Romance is a coffee table style gift book.  Hafer compiles short stories, poems, trivia, recipes, date ideas, and more in this book.  Reading through will inspire affection and is sure to put a smile on your face!  Rather than reading cover-to-cover, pick up the book, open it to any spot, and read.  Some entries are very short, so it's ok if you only have a second before you're interrupted.  (In fact, this kind of reminds me of the Uncle John's Bathroom Reader).


If you're a guy looking for a gift for a girl, buy this book.  I hear it's in stock at our local Barnes & Noble store if you can't wait on shipping.  ;)

Oh how I love this book!  It is perfect for an engaged or newly married couple.  It also would make a nice anniversary gift (come on guys, I'm feeding you this one!!!).  My favorite story is "If Loving Means I'm Wrong I Don't Wanna Be Right" by Jedd Hafer.  I laughed OUT LOUD right in the middle of a quiet waiting room and completely embarrassed myself.  It immediately made me have an irresistible urge to plant a big kiss on my hubby.  I have never been a big fan of poetry.  But as I read the story of Elizabeth Barret Browning and Robert Browning (her family disowned her for courting Robert), suddenly his poetry held so much more value.  I think I am beginning to "get it".  And the love letters??  Oh my heart melts!

Click here to download the first chapter of Everything Romance now, provided by the publisher Waterbrook Press.

p.s.  The hard cover book is *superb*.  Your girl may love her Ereader, but I think you'll want this one physically in your hands.

I received a complimentary copy of this book for review from Waterbrook Press as part of their Blogging for Books review program.  I was not required to write a positive review.  My thoughts and opinions are my own.

Please consider taking a moment to rate the quality of my review, so I can continue to review great books from Waterbrook Press!

No comments:

Post a Comment