Saturday, May 26, 2012

Garden Update and Free Kindle Book

It was fun to come home after a few days away and check things out in the garden.  I am happy to report that I only lost 3 tomato plants and that 6 survived.  When I came home, to my surprise I found 3 new, strong plants in place of the 3 that I had lost.  That was Grandpa Marc's doing.  ;)  To my delight I found buds on the marigold plants.  ::yippee::

These pics were taken on Tuesday, and they've grown even more since then.  It's been very rainy this week and also a little cool.

 Left to Right:  Flowers, okra, cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes (which I probably won't end up transplanting), and in the pot in front is some kind of flower.  I transplanted the flowers and okra and cucumbers on Friday morning.  No new pictures yet, though.  We'll see how they're doing next week!


 Radishes are looking good, with the lettuce and/or spinach really trying to make an appearance.

 These two are two of the new tomato plants.

 Marigolds

 Mitch's class at school did a project and started some corn in dixie cups.  I planted out three of the plants.  On Friday I planted some more corn seeds, so we'll see if anything comes of it.  I have some rogue sunflowers that I left to let grow.  I also have some rogue pumpkins growing, but I have pulled up all of those shoots because I know they can really take over.


The plant in front here is a new tomato plant, from Pattison nursery behind our house.

A friend of mine, who knows I love to read, alerted me to a free kindle book on amazon.  I don't know how long it will be free, and I haven't read it yet, but be sure to check it out!



If you don't have a Kindle or an e-reader, you can download a free program right from amazon to be able to read the book on your computer.  We actually have hundreds of free books.  It's nice because I can read them on my iPod or Mitch has them on his iPad (for school use).  Zeke and Josh are just discovering these and ask to read!


No comments:

Post a Comment