Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Tirzah's Hair

I thought I should post some pictures of what I finally did with Tirzah's hair after Malachi cut it.  It took me a long time to decide what to do.  It was very, very short where he cut it (like buzz-cut short) in places, but the longer pieces from the other side of her hair sort of covered it up a little.  So I thought about not doing anything, and just waiting for it to start growing back out some.  Besides, it was always standing up in weird directions and looking wonky anyway (as it has since she was a baby).  In fact, if after looking at the pictures you are wondering if I have made any improvement at all, just return to this post from a good while back.  I didn't really want to take her in to a stylist because I didn't know what I wanted.  I thought someone might be able to suggest something, but then that didn't necessarily mean I would like their suggestion.  Knowing that I wasn't going to be agreeable on this subject, I decided not to do anything until I knew what I wanted.  ;)  The days here have been hot and humid, and I noticed that some of the short pieces of her hair were curling quite a bit.  Finally on Sunday evening I realized that she needed a short-all-over haircut like Zeke's and that it would all curl up and be "ok".  Eden lamented, "I hope she doesn't end up looking like a boy!"  Oh Eden spoke my heart.  But what could I do?  I went with it.  I did it myself (I've been cutting Zeke's hair for years and aside from occasionally cutting it too short, it looks ok).  Yes, it may look no different than a boy cut, but at least she's wearing girl clothes.  :)  And it will grow out evenly, and whatever you may say I think it at least looks better than it did before.  Here are the results!

This was "Before" but just after Malachi had cut it.  Her tears are more from my stern words than from sadness over having her hair cut.  She actually asked Malachi to do it.  Grrr...

After:
 (I got some hula hoops for phy ed time, and Tirzah loves them.  She can actually spin it around herself, which is a great first step!)



8 comments:

  1. Aww, cute. I like the little bow :) She might have fun making some flower hairbands or something. My daughter is really into that. (we disassemble silk flowers and re-stack them into pretty, flat flowers and put a sparkly "jewel" in the center) We hot-glue ours to hair clips but could also be put on headbands or hairbands (a little scary for a small kid, though, I guess).

    I hope it grows quick! And I love the natural curl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's super cute! And it might even grow in nicer now. That seemed to work for Emery anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really CUTE !!!! It doesn't look like a boy AT ALL !! It looks like Ally's hair ...
    GREAT job Mrs. Theis
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done. Her hair reminds me of Kieren's, so white and curly, which I love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! Way to pull that off, Steph, you are so talented!! She is a doll in the cute new do!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww Steph, it is super cute! I love it. Way to make lemonade. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it looks great...good job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a great job, my now 8 year old cut her hair off when she was two :(

    ReplyDelete