Monday, August 27, 2012

1st Day of School

Today went better than I could have ever imagined!  I am overwhelmed with gratitude.

This was a couple days ago...Mitch installed a "dry erase board" for me.  It is actually a piece of melamine (shower board) that is inexpensive.  He did a great job dressing it up by making a frame.  Hanging it was a family endeavor...but doesn't it look like they're all in time out??

This was the first class of the day, one that we will attempt to do all together, spelling.  Today I began placement tests.  Zeke started crying with the very first word.  I was hoping this wasn't a sign of the rest of the day!  I didn't tell the kids, but when a child spelled 3 words wrong, they could stop.  When Zeke started crying on the first word, I began praying that he would just spell them wrong and be done.  But he hung in there for about as long as I guessed he would!

Who let Obi on the table?  He is wanting to help us glue things, I think.

By the end of the school day I was pretty tired, and my voice is almost gone.  I've done a lot more talking and reading aloud than I'm used to.  But today was probably the best first day of school we've ever had.  I think everyone is ready to do more tomorrow.  (Even though Micah and Eden are slightly worried about how much work their science class is going to be.)  I know I'm excited!


1 comment:

  1. What's your first read aloud that you're doing?

    ReplyDelete