Thursday, October 04, 2012

16 weeks pregnant

I did this during the last pregnancy, so I thought I might as well do it again. But I'm not going to take the same progressive photos that I did last time.  I want to do something a little different, and I can't decide what to do!

I feel that this pregnancy has been very "normal" for me.  Almost boring.  I skipped my 12-week appointment with the doctor, and went in for my first visit at 16 weeks.  She excused me.  :)

Eden at 17 weeks:
Gained 7 lbs so far to weigh 118.
Blood pressure: 110/55
Baby's Heartrate: 136 bpm

Malachi at 17 weeks:
Gained 4 lbs so far to weigh 129.4 lbs
Blood pressure: 98/40
Baby's Heartrate: 140s
I had a very itchy rash all over my legs and nothing seemed to work. It got better later with good lotion, but it was still there until I had him.

Tirzah at 16 weeks:
Gained 11.2 lbs total so far to weigh 133.something
Blood pressure: 110/60
Baby's Heartrate: upper 140s
Feeling exhausted, still a little nauseous in the evenings, and having headaches

Obadiah at 16 weeks:
Gained 13 lbs total so far to weigh 143.8
Blood pressure: 98/60
Baby's Heartrate: 150s
I am feeling very similar to how I was with Tirzah--exhausted, nauseous in the evenings, and I seem to be having loads of headaches.  On the positive side, I seem to be sleeping well, and I'm usually remembering to take my prenatal vitamins.

This pregnancy:
Gained 3.4 lbs so far to weigh 138.4 (much better than 16 weeks with Obadiah!)
Blood pressure: 90/56
Baby's Heartrate: 150s (baby was very active and moving around)
I am feeling really good after the whole thing with the abscessed tooth/root canal.  Nausea is gone, and I have no complaints.  I did not sleep well at night during the first trimester, then that went away, and now it is back.  I am a little stressed, and my eye is twitching.  I'm taking good steps to reduce my stress level.  Tonight I will take melatonin to see if it will help me sleep better.  I'm remembering to take my prenatal vitamins, and I'm drinking pepsi less than once a week.

I will get an ultrasound at 20 weeks, and like the last time I do want to find out what I'm having.  The kids have bets on boy, girl, and twin boys.  Caleb is 100% sure it's identical twin boys.  The doctor listened all over and we only heard one heartbeat.  I also feel that I'm measuring small (she said it felt the right size), so I really don't think Caleb has a chance on his wish.  :)  Although I *feel* smaller and started wearing materninty clothes later, the picture above sure does deny how I feel.  I was totally surprised when I saw it.  I don't think my belly looks that big in real life, but the kids all disagree with me!

3 comments:

  1. That's a cute picture of you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You all look so good!! I'm glad you were able to get pictures done before the snow fell and all the leaves were gone. It's strange how you mention the eye twitches, as mine has been doing it for months now, and the doctor said that was part of the migranes I was having earlier. My eye still twitches, but I'm not having the migranes anymore. It is still distracting. I suspect stress as well. Hugs and kisses to all!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed after I wrote this yesterday that mine didn't twitch anymore. I wish I could give you advice on how to relieve stress!! I did sleep better with the melatonin last night too I think. Well, at any rate I slept better whether it was melatonin or not.

      Delete