Thursday, November 01, 2012

I'm Holding Nine Miracles

Each new baby really is a miracle, a gift from God. Not just the new babies, but the ones that are growing up too. I'm so thankful for Micah, Eden, Caleb, Zeke, Josh, Malachi, Tirzah, and Obadiah. I am in awe that I have done this eight times and I have eight blessings at home that I am responsible for. 

Yesterday was our ultrasound for baby #9...

 Arms/Hands over the face:

Long leg:

Long foot (no surprise!):

Side of face/head, but slightly tilted towards the camera:

Arm/hand with fingers pointing (right in the center, just to the left):

Heart Rate: 139 bpm

139...
    [13] For you formed my inward parts;
        you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
    [14] I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
    Wonderful are your works;
        my soul knows it very well.
    [15] My frame was not hidden from you,
    when I was being made in secret,
        intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
    [16] Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
    in your book were written, every one of them,
        the days that were formed for me,
        when as yet there was none of them.
(Psalm 139:13-16 ESV)


The kids who had to wait at home now open a box to find out what gender the baby is:


  
It's a GIRL!!!



The ultrasound was amazing, as always.  Eden, Caleb, and Mitch were there with me.  Caleb still insists that it's twins, but no, it's not.  :)  At first she had her legs tightly together and would not reveal her gender.  As the tech moved back and forth I was certain I saw boy parts. She was in a really awkward position so it was hard to see her profile and her spine also.  But the tech was patient and thorough.  So sweet.  We saw the baby's head/brain perfectly, stomach, cord, cord insert site, heart (especially perfect views of the heart), diaphragm, bladder, kidneys, legs, toes (all 10 each!), placenta, and eventually her gender and spine.  We eventually got a profile shot, but her head was still slightly tilted toward the screen.  We saw everything we needed to see, though, and it was perfect!  Perfect!  Our little girl kept putting her hands wherever we were scanning--by her face, by her bottom, by her feet.  She wasn't especially jumpy or wiggly, not at all like the boys.  We got one good shot at her gender, but for most of the scan it was simply "I don't see any boy parts!"  And, well, after so many boys I think I can identify those, especially at 20 weeks.  Yes, they were most definitely absent.  She weighed 13 oz and her measurements were exactly on for her due date.  Before the scan began I told the tech I wanted to guess where my placenta was and where the baby was.  I told her my guess and I was right!!!  I'm getting good!  Only I guessed that the baby was breech and she wasn't--her head was down.  The placenta is high, away from my cervix, and on the front right.  I haven't felt much movement up there.  I also heard a low heartbeat there that sounded to me "like a placenta".  I only have a stethoscope to use (not a doppler), so it's hard to hear, but it's fun to try.

The kids are excited, and so are we.  I'm liking the way these numbers are adding up--3 of one and 6 of the other. 

2 comments: