Thursday, December 13, 2012

October

Apparently October was so busy that I didn't put my camera in my hands very often...unless to move it out of the way.  Of course, there could be some pictures somewhere that I have missed.  I need to do some digging.

Another science experiment.  Unbelievably, we used nothing but air to inflate this balloon.  No chemical reactions (other than heating/cooling the air) whatsoever.  It was super interesting!

 {Obi napping with daddy}

Mitch's school had spirit week and super hero day.  We pulled out the only costume we have...can you guess what super hero Mitch is supposed to be?  I love that he can do this in a public school!

Zeke turned 9 years old on October 12.  We celebrated German style:
 For his cake, he asked for a pumpkin pie.
 Happy Birthday, Zeke! 

Eden got glasses...finally...after asking me for several months to have her eyes checked.  Then we ordered the glasses, and the frames were backordered and took almost a month to receive.
 {Caleb, Tirzah, and Eden}
We took these pictures for a scavenger hunt at the mall.
 {Mitch and Malachi}
 {Micah and Josh}
 I launched a facebook campaign to educate the world about the difference between sweet potatoes and yams.  I don't think it had anything whatsoever to do with my efforts, but the grocery store DID change their sign a couple weeks later to say both "sweet potatoes" and "yams".  Whew!

We got some snow on October 25.

 My baby bump is growing (I can't even remember how pregnant I am here...maybe 20 weeks?).  Check out the fun algebra behind me.  Favorite part of the day!

Mitch hung these awesome shelves he got at the ReStore (kind of like a goodwill thrift store for building supplies and furniture, benefits habitat for humanity) for $15.  Someone was throwing away another black bookcase, so he was able to harvest shelves out of there for the two end cabinets.  Now all my homeschooling books have a "home"!

1 comment: