Monday, February 18, 2013

Pictures

Here are some pictures from the past week...

We've enjoyed some warmer days and I've taken the smaller kids out to play.  Do you know how hard it is to try to climb in the Cozy Coupe car with snowpants and a big winter coat on???  Well, it's about as hard as getting into/out of a real car when you're 36 weeks pregnant too.  If I posted a picture of me trying to get in/out, it would look just as silly.  :)


Malachi and Zeke on top of the snow fort (which keeps getting bigger, I think):

Zeke and Josh were playing "King of the Hill".  Check out Josh's hat all caked with snow.  

Since I am not a boy, I cannot understand just WHY this is fun:

At some point Obi ditched his gloves.  Then of course I had to rescue him within minutes...the snow is much colder than he thought...maybe Mom isn't wrong about the whole mittens thing!

Still at it...


On a different (warm) day, the big kids all ran outside to play.  Micah built a snowman:

Valentine's Day this year was fun.  Normally I don't do much to celebrate.  Mitch pretty much always orders mylar heart balloons for his classroom and gets extra so our kids can have some too.  This year I bought a couple bags of candy and made some valentines for the kids.  It wasn't much, just enough to eat in one sitting so it's not laying around.  In secret I made cupcakes and used heart sprinkles on them (I'm so sneaky).  We had them as a snack after homeschool basketball that night.  I made Mitch a double batch of no-bake cookies (almost a tradition...I have done it enough years) and used the sprinkles on them, then sent them to school for him to share.  He had conferences after school until 9 pm, so we postponed our date until Friday night.

My kids were super cute Valentines.  :)




When Mitch came home he brought me TWO bouquets of flowers--a dozen white roses and a mixed variety.  I was going to take better pictures today, but I got too busy.  The sun wasn't shining anyway.  Tomorrow it should be better.

Obi is a little thief and managed to get TWO cupcakes. He only ate the frosting off this one and left the cake.


I am whittling away at my to-do list to get ready for the baby.  I had Micah get the car seat out of the garage attic for me so I could wash it down.  While I was washing the padding, Obi claimed the seat.  He grabbed a doll and put in it right away, placed a blanket on her, then patted her head and said, "Shhh."  It was so cute!  He linked his elbow into the seat handle and tried to carry her around.  We DO have a doll car seat, but you know that's not the same as playing with a real one.  He is ready to be a big brother, I think. He has been sleeping more and more with Micah, rather than in our bed.  I don't have a plan for when the baby comes, but I am hoping for a smooth transition however we handle things.  I do hope to put the baby in a pack-n-play beside our bed instead of IN our bed...but I also know my own weakness. 



Mitch had Friday and Monday off.  I didn't have any daycare on Monday, either.  I got some diapers finished, and a few more rows on the blanket I am knitting.  I did LOTS of shopping and got my pantry pretty well stocked.  I found some awesome deals on used jeans at the thrift stores (Thank you, Lord!!).  Today I got 8 pairs of boys jeans for $17.50.  One pair was brand new, and the rest were in *excellent* shape.  I seriously couldn't believe how good it was!  I feel really super duper tired.  I don't like that at all.  I try to rest and put my feet up, but the reality is food needs to be made, messes must be cleaned, schoolwork has to get done, and laundry must be washed/dried/folded/put away.  I'm thankful for Mitch's help and all my kids are great helpers too.  Only a little further to go.  At the doctor on Friday I was up 2 lbs for a 30 lb gain total so far this pregnancy.  I am about 2 cm dilated, 70% effaced, and baby's head is at a -2 station pushing right on my cervix.  This is pretty much right on normal for me.  I'm trying to enjoy each moment and relax and be patient.  I will say that there are times where I feel SO peaceful.  I am concentrating on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment