Wednesday, April 17, 2013

And More Pictures...

...on one hand, I can't believe Mercy is one month old today.  On the other hand, it feels like she has always been here.  Here are pictures from the past two weeks.

{2.5 weeks old...4/3/13}

{4/4/13}


{4/5/13}

{Tirzah loves to help wash dishes...we said she could be supper helper}

{3 weeks old...4/9/13}
This quilt was made by Mitch's 3rd grade class.  The substitute teacher he had while he was home after Mercy was born brought in the supplies and helped the class make a quilt.  Such a beautiful, amazing gift!


{Products of the snowstorm on 4/11/13...school was called off in all the surrounding areas...it feels like winter will never end...that snow has still not melted almost a week later, and we have more snow due tomorrow.  I am going to go insane.}

{4/11/13}



{4 weeks old!  4/14/13...wearing a little gown that was her big sister Eden's...wow!}

{4/15/13}

{4/16/13}

Mercy is sleeping pretty well.  She sleeps in my bed and usually only wakes up a couple times.  She nurses and falls back to sleep immediately.  Not always, but usually.  There have been a couple of mornings where she has woken up around 4 a.m. and not gone back to sleep until after 6 a.m....which is just in time for me to need to get up.  But it hasn't been bad.  

I don't feel like I'm getting enough stuff done during the day.  We are managing to do at least a minimum amount of schoolwork, with a heavy focus on the older 3 kids for whom it matters most.  I also manage to get a minimum amount of housework done.  I got the floor mopped for the first time in a month on Monday.  But we are staying on top of laundry and our menu has pretty much returned to normal.  It's all about priorities. 

The lack of warm spring weather is driving me a little batty.  Where once a spring snowstorm could give me a little thrill (and the hope of a snow day), I am now gritting my teeth.  The boots stink from the endless cycle of being wet and drying for months.  I want to wash all the snowpants and gloves and pack them away.  I want to sweep up the entryway and mop it, knowing there won't be anymore slushy snow.  Let it give way to mud and grass clippings, please!  I want to open my windows and air out this place.  Our high temps might finally get up to 50 F next week...

Well, it is snack time and I've used way more time on blogging this morning than I really should have. I'm out...






No comments:

Post a Comment