Saturday, July 06, 2013

Going for a drive

We reached a HUGE milestone here in the Theis household...

 Micah passed the knowledge test and obtained his Learner's Permit.  He has to drive for 6 months with this before he can get his license (even though he turns 16 next week).  

 Mitch took him out for his FIRST driving lesson shortly after that.  He was nervous and excited and covered for that by saying (repeatedly) that he "didn't want to drive."  Yeah, whatever.  :)




 Besides the fact that my son is old enough to be behind the wheel, do you see anything else wrong with this picture?

After annoying him with the camera, I climbed into the back seat to ride around the cul-de-sac with him (and video).  Micah let the car idle forward and I exclaimed that I was having a panic attack.  You know that feeling you get when your kid rides a bike for the first time without training wheels??  This is like that times 10.  We probably hadn't even drove 10 meters when Micah shouts, "Oh, wait, I forgot my seat belt!"  ::groan:: major fail!!  It gave us lots of laughs and hopefully he will never ever forget it again.  You know he was nervous, there is a lot to think about when you drive a car for the first time.  He did great.  

Way to go, Micah, I'm so proud of you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment