Friday, July 12, 2013

Micah's 16th Birthday

Micah turned 16 yesterday...we didn't get to do everything *I* would have liked to do, but we tried to celebrate nonetheless. 




 {Seriously}

 Ok, so the story with the broccoli is that when I was planning the menu and asked what Micah wanted for his birthday dinner he replied, "Broccoli."  Knowing that he was not serious, I kept pestering him.  Finally, in exasperation, I gave up and asked him what kind of cake he wanted.  Again he replied, "Broccoli."  Argh!  Trying not to let him win, I bought him some broccoli (and planned a menu...later he chose chocolate cake).  After we sang Happy Birthday, Micah proceeded to bite off a huge chunk of broccoli.  I just don't get boys.  (He promptly went to the bathroom...and I am sure he spit it out, LOL).


 Wow, 16 candles really make the cake glow!

 Micah took so long to blow out the candles, I will have to buy some new ones now!  Ha!

I recently discovered that Sam's Club sells Choco Tacos.  They are Micah's favorite.  Even cooler in a nerdy sort of way, the box has 16 tacos.  =D

And Micah didn't even offer to share!  Really?!

So, at 16 years old, Micah:
~is learning to drive!!
~is taller and heavier than his momma (emphasis on the heavier--yay!)
~likes pizza, chicken (particularly teriyaki chicken and jerk chicken on the grill), tacos, enchiladas, brats...notice the MEAT theme here??
~never sleeps enough at night
~is working really, really hard at learning how to have healthy relationships (I'm so proud of his efforts!!)
~is setting good boundaries for himself 
~is a pretty good big brother
~especially loves his smallest siblings
~is very competitive
~loves to hang out with other teenage boys--and play basketball, soccer, disc golf, paintball, and other games they make up (boys!!)
~also loves his "screen time", which is always more fun playing with people he knows
~loves to aggravate the cr*p out of his momma
~is growing up, he's almost a man!

I love you so much, Micah!  I am proud of how you are growing and learning.  I know I give you a hard time, but the truth is, you are amazing. ::love::

3 comments:

  1. Love the candle in the broccoli :-)

    He is also an awesome helper for your friends when they ask him for favors :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally forgot to give a shout-out to you for taking pictures! Thanks again!!

      Delete
  2. I didn't need/want one but thank you! I was perfectly fine being behind the scenes!

    ReplyDelete