Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Mercy is 6 months old!


 Hmmm...

 He loves me...

 He loves me not...

 He loves me...

 He loves me not...

 He loves me...

 {Looks like Tirzah in this ^ shot}
He loves me not...

 He loves me...

 He loves me not...

He loves me!!

Of course he does, how would I think anything else?

At 6 months, Mercy
~is crawling all over the place
~puts anything she can grab into her mouth, especially things she shouldn't have
~almost has a tooth through, but not quite
~is moving into 6-9 month clothing
~nurses every 2 hours or so
~has tried applesauce and bananas and thinks they are the worst-tasting food ever...she much prefers breastmilk...or paper...
~thought that cereal mixed with breastmilk was barely tolerable
~has been getting up more frequently at night, though last night she slept 5 hours straight (in her bed!) before getting up
~cried when she saw me walk out the front door yesterday (learning object permanence?)
~is learning to sit up...but she does not get into a sitting position from crawling like Obi did at 6 months
~still loves to be put to sleep by Caleb
~has lost almost all her original hair and has soft light fuzz all over her head (no comb-over like Tirzah had, thankfully)
~chews, but not sucks, on her thumb, fingers, and pacifiers
~is pretty clear with all of us when she does not like something
~will "sympathy" cry when someone else is hurt and crying
~has a distinct cry when she is hurt and all of her siblings know it
~doesn't seem to be spitting as much as she used to now
~usually wakes up happy and is very quiet when she is happy
~gets really, really mad when the kids try to take something out of her hands
~has the best giggle when her brothers jump out to surprise her...when she is in the right mood...otherwise she cries when she is startled 
~endures constant cuddles from siblings
~is so, so easy to care for, especially compared to some other babies...makes the baby thing seem like a peace of cake

What a joy to be your mom, Mercy Anne!!


No comments:

Post a Comment