Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Funny

"I Didn't Do It"

Bonnie bought Obi a red t-shirt that has in simple white letters on it, "I didn't do it." One day Tirzah was crying.  When I went to check on her, I found that Obi had bitten her.  She had a nasty red mark on her back.  I called Obi to me, and I showed him the bite marks.
He defensively said, "NO, I didn't."
I asked him, "Who did?"
He replied quickly, "Zeke did."
About that time, Zeke happened to walk into the room.  So I casually asked in front of Obi, "Zeke, did you bite Tirzah?"
Zeke said, "No."
Obi quickly shouted, "Well, I didn't either!"
I decided to let it drop for a few minutes.  Obi obviously needed a little privacy and time to think about it.  Soon I was able to distract him and we had some minutes alone.  I began to talk to him gently about "telling what is."  I said, "I'm sure you are sad that Tirzah has an owie."
Trying to distract me, Obi pointed to the words on my shirt and interrupted me, "What does this say? Does it say, 'I didn't bite Tirzah?'"

::snicker::

"I Shared With You"

Mitch had a bag of M&M's in his hand.  Obi had a banana.  He walked up to Mitch, broke off a piece of his banana, and extended his hand toward Mitch saying, "Do you want some?"
Mitch said, "Sure," and took the banana and ate it.
Obi then held his hand out and said, "I shared with you..." while keeping a steady eye on Mitch's M&M's.


Street Magic

Mitch has been watching street magic on youtube lately.  He has been practicing his slight-of-hand and showing off around the kids.  It's cute to hear some of the stories of his 3rd graders trying to repeat tricks.  Mitch took his last M&M (from the story above) and was making it "disappear."  Meanwhile, Obi was still working with a piece of banana.  He started getting silly.  The banana slipped from Obi's hand, bounced off his foot, and rolled underneath the stove.  Looking right then left, Obi didn't see the banana anywhere.  He threw up his empty hands, arched backwards sticking his tummy out, and shouted a triumphant, "Ta-da!"


Potty Break

This is an oldie but a goodie.  I had not heard it before, and it doesn't have to do with Obi (3 of these things belong together...), but I want to post it to remember.  This morning we were talking about what our earliest memories are.  One of my earliest memories is of staring into a mirror, fascinated with my chin.  Ahem.  (Sister, you can stop laughing now.  Ok?  Moving on.)  For as long as I can remember we have teased Eden about her potty breaks.  She always seems to disappear at the most inopportune times, for a long period of time.  She said that one of her earliest memories is of kindergarten.  She would always ask to go to the bathroom because there were posters on the back of the doors.  The posters had poems, "Itsy-Bitsy Spider", "This Old Man", and "I'm a Little Teapot."  She loved to read/sing the poems.  :)  I just love that one of her earliest memories has a connection to potty breaks.

3 comments:

  1. I thought you were fascinated with crying, you watched yourself in the mirror enough as it was. Someone gave you a card with a mirror in it once. I thought it was PERFECT for you. By the way, I don't think you were over 3 years old either when you got it, but I thought it was Awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha!! Maybe I was! Whatever the details may be, my fascination with mirrors definitely run as deep or deeper than Eden's with the bathroom. I believe my (other) earliest memory was standing beside the cage and watching the cover being lifted when they brought us Jebbie. I have been told that I was 3 years old. I remember the cage was set on the table in the dining area. It's a good memory of my life-long feathered friend. :)

      Delete