Friday, November 01, 2013

The story of Cinder-Micah, Cinder-Eden, and Cinder-Caleb



Micah, Eden, and Caleb are going away on an overnight trip with their church youth group.  I was in the kitchen washing some grapes, when Micah joined me to load the dishwasher.  He asked me, "Are you glad to be getting rid of us this weekend?"

I replied curtly, "No, now I won't have anyone to do my chores."

Micah chuckled and said tongue-in-cheek, "Yeah, now you'll have to get off your lazy butt and do your own chores."

{Now, maybe you don't allow this kind of disrespectful talk in your house...and we don't either...but it was a joke and I *did* bait him for it anyway.  So ignore that, and carry on.}

I had a thought and shared it with him, "Oh, that means that I should relax and be lazy right NOW, since I will have to work hard all weekend."  Without missing a beat, I shouted out to the other kids doing their schoolwork, "Eden, Caleb, you need to get to work right now!  Cinderella must do her chores before she can go to the ball!"

Caleb joined in the fray right away with, "Do you have any ovens that I may clean the cinders out of?" 

I suggested, "The microwave oven.  Though that is usually Micah's job, I'm sure he won't mind."

I dismissed them to finish their schoolwork.  Pardon the mess...Cinder-Micah, Cinder-Eden, and Cinder-Caleb lived happily ever after.

No comments:

Post a Comment