Friday, February 28, 2014

February in Photos

I wish "photo bomb" didn't mean what it does.  I want it to mean something akin to getting slammed with photos.  Like, I'm about to drop a bomb and it will explode photos all over your screen.    ::grin::  In fact, there are quite a few words that I would redefine if I were in charge of it, but that's far off topic.  The deal is I have not been blogging about anything and everything going on in our lives.  (That's just another way of saying I'm not blogging as often as I want to).  I guess I've always wanted to blog more than I do.  Lately I think that life has just not been all that interesting, or when it is I am too busy to blog.  So I thought it would be nice to summarize February using photos (since that's all I can remember anyway), even if it is a couple hundred photos.

What? No time to look at that many?  I took over 300!  Ok...well here's the ones that tell stories...

My friend Shannon came over to hang out and convinced me to take my camera outside and get some shots of the night sky.  I have lots to learn, but it was certainly fun.  Wish I could do it with my dad.  ::heart::


 {Now this--apparently--is a photo bomb.  Way to go, Caleb!}

 {Loving these hats that came from Patrick's family in Germany!}

 {The boy is rich!  Got his first paycheck--which was smaller than he'd hoped--and his second paycheck, which was much better.  Happy boy.}

 {Cute boys ready for church.}

{Mitch buys balloons every year for his class.  Seeing the mess of balloons was a lot of fun for Mercy.}

Valentine's Day this year was pretty special.  Mitch had the day off.  He surprised me with a sort of "spa day" at the local model college.  Knowing she would love it, I asked if Eden could join me.  Mitch generously said yes.  Eden and I had so much fun!  We both had manicures, and Eden decided to get her hair colored (she has begged me to in the past--always wanted it red).  I had a facial, a hair cut, and then the stylist put my hair up "just for fun." We were gone for over 5 hours and Mitch kept the baby (and our kids and daycare kids) the whole time.  So nice!  When I got home the house was clean, the kids had made Valentine's and had a dessert. 

{Before and After}


{The flowers I'm holding are ones that Eden gave me for Valentine's Day...so sweet.}

{These flowers were clearanced out for $1.99 the day after Valentine's.  I bought them and now two weeks later they still look great.  I told Tirzah they were for her since she loves pink.}

{Banana Pudding Desert}
When Mitch's school has conferences the teachers usually do a type of pot-luck.  Mitch had a slip of paper that said he needed to bring dessert and tortillas (soft tacos).  He gave me a verbal reminder saying, "I need to bring desert."  I said, "It didn't say that, did it?"  I just couldn't imagine his coworker spelling dessert wrong.  He laughed and said "no."  But it did give us an idea.  We started brainstorming dessert ideas that we could fashion as a desert.  I used a recipe for banana pudding that I found on allrecipes.com and used the nutribullet to pulverize banana wafers for the "sand" on top.  It was epic.  (I heard the pudding tasted good--I only used 8 oz of cool whip and probably only about 5 bananas.  I had at least three "layers" inside.}

{Micah passed his driving test at the end of January and his new license came in the mail.  It is really, really nice having an extra driver!}

{I think I see something when I hold my head just right and squint at the screen...}
My friend Shannon, who was teaching me how to take pictures of the stars, loves to "chase" the northern lights (ie: drive out of town to get away from "light pollution" and photograph the Aurora Borealis).  I have only seen them once while living up here, and it was right outside our back window.  She sent me a message to let me know there was going to be activity.  I tried shooting through our back window (it was super cold out, Mercy was crying, and I just plain didn't want to go outside), and I think that the light show was just not quite going yet.  Depending on how I look at my computer (especially in low light), I can see something in the picture above.  Maybe it's just wishful thinking.  Shannon and her family drove out of town a little later and got some AMAZING pics.  Head over to her blog...it's seriously worth the diversion.  After you do, you will wonder why I even bothered to post this picture.  Well...so you would go to her blog!!!  Shannon tells me that the Aurora will be visible during the summer time, too.  If that is the case, I hope I find myself joining her on a midnight run sometime.

This winter has been tough.  It's been very cold and we have more snow than usual.  I think that's all I want to say about that.
{Zeke and Malachi}
{Obi and Tirzah}

{Rocking those shoes!}

This morning I was messing around with my camera and found myself giving in to a certain preschooler's cries of "I wanna see!"  So then we came up with these silly photos:
{Obi's happy face}

{Obi's angry face}

{Zeke's sad face}

{Tirzah's angry face}

I found a way for Mercy to eat applesauce with a straw that actually works, is reusable, is easy to clean, and has minimal mess.  SCORE!!

There's much much more between the lines.  We've had icky viruses, a visit from grandparents, and there's always schoolwork to do.  In addition to my normal craziness it is tax time, so I have been gleaning minutes to get that stuff together.  If you know me, you know I actually enjoy crunching numbers.  Some days I just need the diversion.  What will I do when I'm done??  Ha!  See you in March!



No comments:

Post a Comment