Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Poetry for Valentine's Day

Zeke and Josh are using All Things Fun and Fascinating (Institute for Excellence in Writing) for their composition work this year.  I'm thrilled with all they have been learning.  The curriculum includes a special (optional) lesson on poetry to be completed around the holiday season.  We are a little behind, but now that I think about it the timing couldn't be better.  Yesterday I introduced three types of poems, and on the spot I wrote examples for two of the types (cinquain and acrostic).  Left on the board, it inspired Mitch and Eden to write some of their own poems of love. (Love?  Maybe that is debatable...hehe).  You are in for a chuckle!


Today Zeke and Josh are working hard on their own original poems.  I'm so impressed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment