Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Almost but Not Yet

Sunday and Monday brought warmer temperatures to our area.  Many of my friends were bragging about having all their windows open, so I caved under pressure and opened some of mine on Monday afternoon.  I didn't know it, but Zeke left his open overnight.  When he woke up Tuesday morning, he got very excited.  He came out to tell me, "The smell coming through the window smells JUST like when we sleep outside while camping.  Just as I was waking up, I heard a 'tweet tweet' that sounded JUST like when we are camping, too.  But when I opened my eyes and looked outside, I was like, 'awww!'"  He was slightly disappointed that it is *still* winter and there is *still* snow on the ground and, no, we were not camping. 

On the positive side, it is slowly thawing, and it will eventually be summer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment