Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Memory Verses

My elementary boys (Zeke, Josh, and Malachi) go to a Wednesday night program at our church.  A key component of the program is memorizing a new Bible verse each week.  I try to help the boys learn their verses by assigning them as copy work, but even best intentions go awry and we sometimes join the other masses of families trying to learn the verse in the van on the way to church Wednesday night.  ::shame:: 

Last week was spring break for many children in the area (mine not included), so my kids have been practicing the same verses for two weeks.  Today I went the extra mile and made a little puzzle out of Malachi's verse. 

We did it through a few times and as he was really starting to get the hang of it I asked him, "Do you want to do it one more time?"

He thoughtfully replied, "No thanks, I've got it stuck in my head.  First time that's ever happened!"

I literally smacked my hand against my head.  I said, "That's kind of the point, Buddy.  That's what it means to memorize the verse."

1 comment: