Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Micah is 17!!

I almost forgot!  Good thing I was looking through pictures and remembered...Micah is 17!  We celebrated his birthday last Friday.  It was a hot day, and I didn't have the air conditioner on in the house.  Whoo...I feel sorry for the wonderful friends who came over and helped Micah sweat it out.  :)

 Ok, where to start?  At 17, Micah...
~has his driver's license and drives a 1994 Toyota Camry (older than he is!)
~is going into 11th grade, but is also enrolled at St. Cloud Technical College (PSEO)
~lives for hanging out with friends
~loves to play frisbee golf, raquetball, ultimate frisbee, just about anything he can get a group of friends together to do

 ~is a fairly picky eater, but has learned to be polite and reports of all kinds of things he eats at friends' houses that he won't eat at home
~loves pizza, hamburgers (no ketchup!!!), brats, and just about anything sweet
~requested Totinos Party Pizzas for his birthday meal with other "snack/junk food"
~said it didn't matter what kind of cake I made, but in the end said that it was "pretty good"...lol
(it was a vanilla "funfetti" ice-cream cake)


~only let his momma hug him because it was his birthday.  Shame! 

Things I love about Micah:
He's able to do quite a bit around the house (when he's home).
He is able to have mature conversations and express mature thoughts, especially about things from the Bible.
He is developing a solid theological base and knowledge of the Gospel.
He is bold to share his faith and invite people to church.
He loves to read both fiction and non-fiction.
He takes our words to heart (even if it seems like he's not listening).

(2004)
Happy Birthday, Micah-man!  I love you to the moon...and back.

About the cake:
[I divided the cake batter between two pans to make two thinner layers.  Later I used one of the clean pans and lined it with plastic wrap.  In this pan I placed a layer of softened vanilla ice cream, which I put back in the freezer to harden.  After it was frozen well enough I easily removed it from the pan by pulling up the plastic wrap.  I layered it between the two cake layers.  I put it back in the freezer to get cool again.  I frosted it, cooled it, then decorated it, and kept it in the freezer until we were ready to serve it.  It wasn't super genius, but for some reason it was just delicious this way.]

No comments:

Post a Comment