Thursday, July 03, 2014

So...it's been a while...

Sorry that I've been absent for a while.  My excuse this week is a good one--I have strep throat.  I should have gone to the doctor on Tuesday (ironically, I did, but the appointment was for Tirzah and I didn't want to "impose" on my doctor by asking her about myself while I was there...I am *always* asking her about other family members, and I didn't want to overstep my welcome).  I waited to go to the doctor on Wednesday because I already had an appointment scheduled.  Bad idea.  Ah, lesson learned.  I got the antibiotics needed, and I'm patiently waiting for them to do their magic.  When I woke up this morning I found that my uvula (aka the thing that hangs down at the back of my throat) is swollen and pretty much touching the back of my tongue.  Of course, that makes me gag, and gagging makes my raw throat hurt.  So we have a really uncomfortable cycle of pain going on.  On a positive note, that iced mocha feels really good going down.

Iced Mocha

3/4 c. milk
1 c. ice
2 Tbs. hot chocolate mix
1 tsp. instant coffee

Blast in the nutribullet for a few seconds to desired consistency.

YUM.  I think the point of the nutribullet is to make healthy smoothies ("nutri"), and this is not healthy.  Tell that to my swollen uvula.  ::grin::

I do feel that a little blogging time this morning is just what the doctor ordered.  I'm cleaning off my camera card and have high hopes of catching up on the big events of June!

No comments:

Post a Comment