Sunday, August 03, 2014

Nicaragua: August 2nd

"Today we visited the leper colony/hospital. I heard different numbers, but there are approximately 10-15 families living there. I met Thomasita, an elderly woman with 2 children. She has lived at the colony for 22 years. She lost both legs and portions of all her fingers. Her niece was with her helping to care for her. Her niece is studying at the university and understands some English. She is a Christian, but Thomasita is not. We did present the Gospel. Please pray for both of them. Also 2 men prayed to receive Christ. Please pray that they will have a pastor to guide them in their new faith.

We did some more "touring" around Managua the rest of the day.

Sunday morning we are going to the church of our bus driver (who is a pastor), Esau. Mitch has become good friends with Esau this week. He and his wife have 5 children. One is named Abdías, the Spanish version of Obadiah. ;). 

Mitch and one of the teens both volunteered to preach the sermon. Mitch has been studying a passage of Scripture all week, and when he found out that we would be at Esau's church, he immediately felt God leading him to volunteer. You know how much he loves speaking in front of groups (NOT!), so please be praying for him. Church is at 10:00 Nicaragua time (or 11:00 Minnesota time).

Last night I dreamed about coming home - except Mercy had brown hair instead of blonde. ;) lol. I am homesick to hold my babies. I got to snuggle a few this week but it is nothing like holding my own. I said this morning to just put me on the plane already. But getting to worship at Esau's church will make it worth another day. :)"


No comments:

Post a Comment