Thursday, September 18, 2014

19 weeks pregnant--Poll up!

I am 19 weeks pregnant, and my ultrasound is one week from today (Thursday, Sept. 25th). We are pretty excited! I'm not sure that my blog still gets a lot of traffic, but I thought it would be fun to do a boy/girl poll before the ultrasound, since we hope to be able to find out.

Now, usually I need a little something to go on when I'm guessing. I don't put much stock in the old wives' tales. But--heh--it's still fun to guess.

First of all, there's the old wives' tale about carrying. Is it carrying high for a boy? Or is that a girl? I don't remember. I decided to put together some images from previous pregnancies...I had to work with what I could find, so it's not the best. They are relatively around the same time period...



Then there's the heart rate theory. Apparently if it's faster it's a girl, slower for a boy.  I have plenty of data to bash that one, but here you go:

At 12 weeks
Eden (girl):      150-156
Malachi (boy): 149-154
Tirzah (girl):    160
Obi (boy):        150
Baby #10:        158

At 16-ish weeks
Eden:         136
Caleb:        136
Malachi:    140
Tirzah:      142-147
Obi:           150
Mercy:       154
Baby #10:  147

There is the theory about morning sickness, but I can't remember if it's supposed to be sicker with a boy or with a girl?  Oh well...skip that...I took plenty of zofran and unisom to get me through. I didn't want to feel sick, so I tried very hard not to. I don't usually get zofran, but I specifically asked for it since I was traveling to Nicaragua. I really wanted to have things under control.

I've been craving sweets, besides the small bit of time that I would have gone crazy for some onion rings and fried fish.

Nothing else that I can think of. Please vote in the sidebar on the right!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. What, no puppy?? :) Thanks for voting! I can hardly wait for next Thursday!!

      Delete
  2. The old wives tales were all wrong with Joel! His heart rate was always on the higher side. Daniel's was, too, and the result was that Daniel was a busy little baby, and Joel is too. Jacob's HR was always in the upper 130s-140s and he was a chill little guy and still is.

    I'm guessing girl for this baby, simply from the picture comparison alone. lol It's just a guess--completely uneducated! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! When I was reading through old journals to get the heart rates, especially in the further-along weeks, I often had written down that the baby was very active or hard to catch when there was a high heart rate. I haven't had a sedentary kid yet, LOL.

      Delete