Monday, December 22, 2014

Mercy Helps with the Laundry

A week ago I was sitting folding laundry while Mercy was eating at the table. Most of the other kids were off playing, so it was fairly quiet. As I held up a piece of her clothing to fold it, Mercy pointed and said, "Mercy's, Mercy's!" Then I grabbed the next piece from the basket. She said, "Obi's!" I grinned and said, "Yes! Good job!" This continued through the entire load that I was folding. She only got a couple wrong. She was able to identify the entire family's laundry. It was nothing short of amazing. I use dots inside the labels of tags to help me identify whose are whose--especially on the shirts that Zeke, Josh, and Malachi wear--they are so close in size it can be hard to remember what pile to put them in. Mercy nailed it! A little while later we caught a bit of it on video (until she got overwhelmed by the attention). Micah posted it to facebook. I've never tried embedding a video from facebook, but until I can get the video uploaded to youtube, I'll take the lazy route and see if this works:


No comments:

Post a Comment