Friday, January 23, 2015

Is This Really January? (And 37 weeks pregnant)

Well, I suppose if we had January in November, it's only fair to have November weather in January, right? We have been blessed in the latter half of January with temperatures about 10 degrees above average. Today I was shocked to step outside at 1 pm into the bright, warm sun. It was 43F. I hurriedly called everyone outside promising "natural Vitamin D" to all. :)

 What a blessing to be out in the warm sun!

 Can this really be January???  It looks more like March!




We played outside for about an hour. While we were out there, I took the opportunity to clean out the van (with help, of course--we even vacuumed!) and switch around car seats. Now I know exactly where the new baby's car seat will go when she is ready to travel with us in the big van. :)

I am now 37 weeks pregnant. One of the funnest things on the rings this week was that it was exactly one year ago that Micah started his first job at McDonald's. He quit his job later in the year, but the cool thing is that JUST THIS WEEK he interviewed, was hired, and started at a new job. So neat that it was exactly one year later!



I don't feel like I have changed much since last week. I am not in pain as much as I was before--the baby has dropped firmly into my pelvis. I dropped 0.6 lbs. My fundal height is one week ahead (38 cm). Baby sounded happy. Her heart rate was between 140's and 150's most of the time. I was a "stretchy" 3 cm dilated and 70% effaced, so I'm making good progress.

I did have a really bad night on Friday night--I woke up at 12:30 am with a killer headache that tylenol couldn't touch. After 4 hours of excruciating pain (and worry that I needed to go to the hospital, but didn't want to undergo needless tests and stress), I dug through every drawer in the house and finally found ONE sudafed tablet. Thank the Lord! I took it and within 30 min I was able to get some relief. It was just sinuses. Whew!

I had another bad night on Monday night--I began experiencing contractions around 2 am. They weren't strong enough to make me think they were real, but they were strong enough to shake me awake every time I had one. I tried so hard to sleep so I didn't look at the clock for most of the night, but they kept coming. Between 4 and 5 am they were about 10 min apart (at that point I just *had* to time them for a little while). Finally I was able to doze a little. The next day I consciously upped my water intake and have been more purposeful about that ever since. I've not had any more prodromal labor interfere with sleep, but the need to pee certainly does. LOL. I can't win!  Oh well, almost done. Amazing how much shorter my little paper chain is already.

 Obadiah has been a real hoot this week. A couple nights ago he came up to me and asked me, "So, how DID a baby get in your tummy?" We laughed so hard as we contemplated all the possible answers we could give him. The next day he drew ^this picture. He said, "Look mommy I drawed you when you was fat!"

I have been making things for the baby, and I need to bring them up and take pictures in the daylight, but I also made a hat for myself. Yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment