Friday, April 10, 2015

Genna at 2 months

Genna was 2 months old last Saturday. I had her in to the doctor for a checkup on Tuesday. She is growing well. She's up to 12 lbs 8 oz. Even though she started out as the largest of my 10, she is now the 3rd smallest at 2 months (larger than Eden and Tirzah only). I was surprised by that little fact. She is approximately 23" long, which makes her the 2nd shortest (Eden was shorter). Crazy!

I'm officially losing my mind. I get Genna and Mercy's names mixed up ALL the time. I just wanted to get that out there because you can't see how many times I have to erase "Mercy" to write "Genna" instead. And if I happen to mess up, you can let me know.

Genna is sleeping pretty well. She usually sleeps 4-5 hours in the first stretch of the night, but she has slept up to 6 hours. Last night she slept from 11 pm until 3:30 am in her bassinet, then from 3:30 to 6:30 in bed with me. The bassinet is the key word in that last sentence. Wow, that felt so nice I might try it again tonight!

Genna has had some nursing issues that I find rather strange. She is exclusively breastfed, and she has never had a bottle. I keep trying to train her to use a pacifier, but she hasn't really taken to it at all. She likes to suck on her hands when they aren't flying wildly out of control.  Most of the time I just offer to nurse her--if she's giving hunger cues or if she is fussy--rather than trying a pacifier. So this nursing "issue" that we are having is hard to describe. At times she arches her back and cries instead of latching and eating. It's not so bad if she does it at one feeding and all I need to do is just wait a little while and try again. But on a couple days she has done it for several feedings in a row, and that gets exhausting fast. I don't want to call it a nursing strike, and I would have a hard time believing it is nipple confusion simply because the timing doesn't match up. I just don't get it. Maybe it will be a distant memory soon.

Anyway, Genna eats about every 2-3 hours. She usually takes at least 2 long naps during the day and other short ones. She spits up only occasionally.

Here are a few pics!


For a picture of Mercy doing the same thing: here


Mercy also wore the same outfit at 2 months. You can see her here: http://stephsoundoff.blogspot.com/2013/05/mercy-at-2-months.html.
Genna definitely looks more like Tirzah than Mercy!





Ok, so in summary, at 2 months Genna:
~sleeps 4-5 hours for the first stretch of the night
~wakes up 2-3 times per night
~eats every 2-3 hours
~still has a pretty floppy head, but is getting stronger every day
~lifts her head when she's on her tummy
~social smiles with everyone
~chuckles, coos, and "tells stories"
~wears some 0-3 month clothing still and can fit into some 3-6 mo clothing (it just depends on the brand)
~loves bath time
~loves going for walks in the stroller
~likes to sleep in the baby swing, or in her crib

No comments:

Post a Comment